Fix Pet Equipment inconsistencies.

Discussion in 'Completed' started by LiOoN, Jul 17, 2018.

1. LiOoN

LiOoN Oldie Donator

[​IMG]

PLS

Jakle, Slazzy, Winks and 2 others like this.
  2. panatown

panatown Here to stay Event Winner

LiOoN and Slazzy like this.
  3. Mufasa

Mufasa Well-Known Developer Staff

Since 10 slot pet equips were reduced to 7, I believe we've also had the intention to level out the playing field and turn 5 slot pet equips into 7.

LiOoN and Winks like this.
  4. SweetPayback

SweetPayback Literally Jesus

Isn't the idea of 5 slot Pet equips that you can still switch pets. It's the trade off for not settling on one pet.
    Otherwise i wouldn't have picked a monkey specific item.

Atticus Lee likes this.
  5. Atticus Lee

Atticus Lee Oldie Event Winner

If I recall that was the reasoning behind this unforeseen situation. It doesn't exactly seem like the best tradeoff though since you can equip three pets anyways

LiOoN likes this.
  6. LiOoN

LiOoN Oldie Donator

Well, if this was specified I wouldn't have picked a 5 slots pet equip either.
    I didn't even know it could have more nor it would be usefull someday.

To solve these problems, I think there should be a way to transfer the att from pet equips, so we can switch and not be permanent bound to a single pet.
    Take as an example Krexel, the newest boss we got gives a pet. So most of us can't make the proper use of it unless we have an alt with out pet att equip.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2018
    SweetPayback and Slazzy like this.
  7. SweetPayback

SweetPayback Literally Jesus

Sounds like a good idea.
    Small detail to keep in mind: Also transfer the DEX/STR/INT from the pet equip if you already scrolled it VS Resetting slots.

8. Indie

Indie Pasta Manufacturer Admin Developer Staff

Stat transferring between different Pet Equipment is indeed going to be implemented. c:

I'm not sure about making the multipet Pet Equips have 7 slots like the specific ones; the number of slots is indeed supposed to be a tradeoff for the versatility they provide.

LiOoN likes this.
  9. panatown

panatown Here to stay Event Winner

This isnt an issue specific to the multi pet equipment, eg. elephant hat (from guild pq)

[​IMG]

there's also multiple pets for which pet eq doesnt seem to be otherwise available. - do the chipmunks have pet equips?

there are also some pet equips which have 7 slots but which also work for multiple pets eg. the birthday candles from the recent anniversary event.

Slazzy and Indie like this.
  10. Indie

Birthday Candle is an example of inconsistency, unfortunately, as Nexon did not provide another equipment for the other pet (two different candle colors would have sufficed...).

Chipmunks should have their own equip
    Show Spoiler
    [​IMG]
    , but we probably haven't introduced them yet.

It looks like a full pass on Pet Equipment is necessary, so we'll be fixing all the mistakes in a wz patch.

I moved this thread to the Accepted suggestions, as it's something we'll try to implement asap.
    However, I changed the thread title, from "Make all Pet Equip 7 slots" to "Fix Pet Equipment inconsistencies", so that it's clear that our intent is not necessarily to equalize the slots amount also among the common equipment.

Jean, Chae, LiOoN and 4 others like this.
  11. Indie

As per today's patch, all pet equipments have 7 slots, so this can be moved to Completed.

A system to transfer Pet equipment stats to a new Pet equipment piece will be worked on, and will be available asap, in order for us to achieve perfect pet cosmesis equity.